No one wants to read a blog post that begins with "Wow, it's been a really long time since I wrote anything here!" But it has been. Eight months, to be exact. And the truth is, everything in the world that matters most to me has changed quite a lot since then. Most notably, my wife Tracey has been carrying a new baby for that length of time. And so in a week or two (please not three or four), my life will be even more markedly different.
I don't know why I'm writing this, other than that I'm tired of not writing. And I don't really anticipate that I'll be able to do it with any more regularity over the next year than I did over the past year.
I guess I'll leave you with an old favorite of mine, a list of Ten Second Thoughts.
1. Cannonball Adderly was great. I don't think he gets enough appreciation from jazz lovers.
2. It's much better to do a small thing than to do nothing at all.
3. Internet commenters make me genuinely sad.
4. I'm still not sure I've grasped the idea that I can't do everything I want to do, that my options are finite. But I'm getting closer.
5. I'm looking forward to a nice cup of coffee in the morning.